Alvarado Hospital was recognized for healthcare excellence on a national level by
Healthgrades for 2017 in several key conditions and procedures:
- America's 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery
- America's 100 Best Hospitals for Spine Surgery
- Critical Care Excellence Award
- Orthopedic Excellence Award
- Spine Surgery Excellence Award
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis
- Five-Star Recipient for Gallbladder Surgery
- Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment
- Five-Star Recipient for Spinal Fusion Surgery
Advanced Spine & Joint Institute combines the region's best surgeons with access to our state-of-the-art
technology and surgical techniques, which has resulted in outcomes recognized
on a national level," said Alvarado Hospital Administrator Robin
Gomez. "In fact, with our 2017 awards, we became the
only hospital in the state of California to be named America's 100 Best
Hospitals for Spine and Orthopedic Surgery four years in a row by Healthgrades."
Healthgrades identified the 100 best-performing hospitals across all conditions
or procedures evaluated within orthopedic and spine surgery to determine
America's 100 best. Nearly 4,500 were evaluated to select the 100 best.
In addition to garnering distinction in orthopedics and spine surgery,
Alvarado also was nationally recognized for exceptional care in the areas
of critical care and gastrointestinal treatment.
For its analysis, Healthgrades evaluated approximately 45 million Medicare
inpatient recrods for nearly 4,500 acute care hospitals nationwide, assessing
hospital performanc relative to each of the 32 common conditions and procedures
and released the results in the
Healthgrades 2017 Report to the Nation.