Envelope of Life
The Envelope of Life/Vial of Life is designed to speak for you when you
can't speak for yourself in the case of an emergency. The envelope,
which you place on your refrigerator, contains important medical information
that can assist emergency personnel in administering the proper medical
It is recommended that everyone—but especially senior citizens—keep
one of these envelopes with the completed form inside on their refrigerator
and in the car glove box.
What goes in the plastic envelope on the front of your refrigerator door?
A completed electronic Envelope of Life form or print
Envelope of Life form.
- Providing a picture of yourself would be helpful.
- A photostat of your last EKG will greatly assist the emergency personnel.
(Your doctor should gladly provide you with a copy)
- Place your Living Will or equivalent in your baggie, if you have one.
- Place any Do Not Resuscitate (DNR) documentation in the baggie, if you
- Place any other documentation you feel important in the baggie.
In an emergency the Envelope of Life will speak for you when you can't !
During normal office visits to any of your doctors, the Envelope of Life
will tell them what medications you are taking, and the ailments that you have.
Fill out Envelope of Life Form (electronic) or
Print This Version of Form.