Joint Replacement - What are the Risks?
Even though hip replacement surgery is considered a successful procedure,
it is major surgery, and as with any surgery, there are risks. Possible
- Blood clots in your leg veins
- Implant loosening
- Nerve or blood vessel damage
- Hip dislocation (if hip procedure)
- Change of leg length (if hip procedure)
- Knee stiffness (if knee procedure)
Your surgeon and healthcare team will take great care to minimize the risk
of these and other complications. Keep in mind that complications are
rare, but they need to be understood by you and your family. Your surgeon
will be happy to answer any questions.
For more information or to contact our nurse navigators,
e-mail or call us today at (619) 229-4548!