About Alvarado's Program
For more than two decades, Alvarado Hospital has been a leader in surgical
weight loss. Our goal is to provide our bariatric patients long-term weight-loss
management strategies to help regain a healthy and active lifestyle.
Led by a well-respected bariatric surgeon, our highly trained team of surgeons,
nurses, nutritionists and exercise therapists, the Alvarado Surgical Weight-Loss
Program provides patients with a weight-loss operation, comprehensive
pre- and post-operative education and long-term aftercare.
The Alvarado Surgical Weight-Loss Program is a comprehensive, multidisciplinary,
hospital-based program that provides the following services:
- Pre-operative consulting and preparation
- Monthly community educational seminars for patients, friends and family
- Specialized bariatric nurses and insurance analysts in the outpatient clinic
- Private rooms with specialized personal equipment for surgical weight-loss
patients and their family
- Advanced bariatric surgical technology in the operative suite
- Highly experienced core team of bariatric surgical anesthesiologists, nurses
- Care coordinator to guide you through the pre-operation and post-operation process
- Long-term follow-up care with support groups in Southern California and Alaska
A decision to have obesity surgery is not to be taken lightly. A great
deal of education and research must be done to make a careful, thoughtful
and safe decision. The first step is to do research on the different programs,
procedures and surgeons in the area and then attend one of our informational seminars.
To register for an upcoming weight-loss seminar,