Alvarado Hospital offers a volunteer program that includes students to
senior citizens. Our volunteers play a vital role in the hospital operations
on a daily basis. In fact, over the last year, our volunteers have donated
more than 50,000 hours and provide the equivalent of $1 million in care.
Before starting, volunteers are requested to complete the following:
- Purchase a uniform
- Pay annual auxiliary dues ($6 adults, $3 high school students)
- Complete two TB tests
- Provide documentation of MMR
- Complete the volunteer handbook quiz
- Pass the HIPAA (patient confidentiality) exam
- Complete training (one to three sessions, depending on area)
SEE OUR FAQ FOR MORE INFORMATION
Because our volunteers play such an important role, we ask that you commit
to at least one, four-hour shift weekly for a one-year period. You must
be at least 16 years of age to apply.
If any of the
volunteer opportunities interest you or you’d like more information,
e-mail us or call (619) 229-4619. The volunteer office is located on the first
floor of the West Tower, suite 112, San Diego. The hospital is located
adjacent to San Diego State University.