If you see or have one or more of these symptoms, don't wait, call 911 right away!
- Numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
- Confusion, trouble speaking or understanding speech
- Trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Trouble walking, dizziness, or loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden, severe headache with no known cause
Even if the symptoms last only a few moments and then disappear, they may be signs of a serious condition that won't go away without medical help.
Alvarado Hospital is the first hospital in the western U.S. to earn Joint Commission dual certification as a Primary Stroke Center and a Gold Seal of Approval stroke rehabilitation program.
Alvarado also is the first Stroke Champion in San Diego to partner with the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association to fight stroke and raise awareness.